Avocado and Smoked Salmon Sushi Ball
This dish contains the goodness of sushi in just one bowl, healthy and delicious. Not only is it quick but all you need is a few ingredients for an entire dish and you can even prepare this for a quick lunch when in a hurry or as a bento to go out. You just throw all the ingredients in a bowl and still be blessed with an amazing taste of sushi in just one single bowl, even filing enough to go about the rest of the day. Trust me you will be satisfied and make this every now and then when craving sushi.
Why not enjoy some quick sushi bowl with a drizzle of lemon on the avocado and smoked salmon, with a few rockets or the vegetable of your choice as a topping. No need to hesitate-quick and healthy. What more could you possibly ask for!
About vinegar : Traditional sushi dressing can be made by Japanese vinegar however apple cider vinegar can also be an alternative. ‘Sushi rice vinegar’ can be an option for those who require less preparation time which can be found via the supermarket in the Japanese food corner.
About topping : Instead of using rocket as your vegetable topping, you can select the vegetable of your choice such as cucumber, salad cress. The smoked salmon is replaceable with sashimi grade salmon in Japanese food shops. Seafood sticks and boiled shrimps are also a delicious way of serving this dish.
Avocado and Smoked Salmon Sushi Bowl
- 300 g Rice
- 400 cc Water
- 4 tbsp Japanese Vinegar (Apple cider vinegar)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Avocado
- 100 g Smoked salmon
- 50 g Rocket
- ¼ Lemon
- Cook the rice in a pot.((My recipe for cooking rice: https://kitchen-j.com/2020/08/01/japanese-steamed-rice-without-rice-cooker/)
- Make the sushi dressing by whisking all the ingredients together. Pour most of the dressing over the rice and mix well.
- Cut the avocado into small cubes. Then pour some lemon juice over the avocado.
- Then cut the smoked salmon into small pieces.
- Put rice and sushi dressing into the large bowl and mix them.
- Put the sushi rice in a bowl then add some rocket, smoked salmon, avocado. Sprinkle matchstick-sized strips over the top.
- Finally add some soy sauce and a a squeeze of lemon, if preferable.
- Enjoy some delicious, quick sushi bowl!