Pork Belly and Kimchi Stir Fry
Pork Belly and Kimchi Stir fry is a filling dish, can be made for both lunch and dinner with a small touch of spice within it. I definitely recommend it and is certainly eaten by many Koreans who love a balanced meal with meat and small hints of vegetables. If you cant finish the entire dish you can always save it for later and can be easily eaten with toast and melted cheese for the next day, breakfast or lunch. My daughters certainly enjoy it with some melted cheese on a crunchy toast and sometimes there is not enough for the next day-they already finished it on the same day for dinner!
Pork Belly and Kimchi Stir Fly
- 200 g Kimchi
- 200 g Pork belly thin sliced
- 1 tbsp Korean chilli powder
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- ½ Onion
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sake (Dry white wine)
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Marinate the pork belly and kimchi with chili powder and sesame oil for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium to high heat, and stir fry the marinated pork belly and kimchi for 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and stir fry for another 3-5minutes until the onion is softened and browned.
- Add the sake and soy sauce and continue stir frying.
- Sprinkle with small cut chive or spring onion and serve. (optional)